Our soft cotton back Reedman Sport Shorts are designed to keep them cool no matter what happens on the field or in the classroom.
There’s nothing like a bad dad joke to get the mood to change. If you’re struggling to get through the week, then see if today’s Aussie joke can give you a grin.
We’re celebrating Australia Day with a BBQ and friends on Friday and apart from lamb on the bbq we were after an Aussie dessert. Australia Day trifle came to mind and has been tried and tested by the family so we’re set for some fun. If you’re celebrating with friends this weekend or just enjoy a trifle then give this quick and easy dessert a go.
- 1/2 slab store purchased unfilled sponge cake
- Sweet sherry
- Red jelly crystals
- Blue jelly crystals
- 500mls custard
- 500mls thickened cream
- 1 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essences
- Make the red jelly according to the instructions on the packet. Pour the jelly mixture into a medium round glass bowl. Add some chopped strawberries to the jelly. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 4 hours to set.
- Make the blue jelly according to the instructions on the packet and pour into a container to set in the fridge.
- Cut the slab sponge up into 3cm cubes and place into a shallow container. Pour over 1/4 – 1/4 cup of sweet sherry so that there is enough for the cake to soak up. Place cake into the fridge.
- Once the jelly is set, remove from the fridge and get ready to assemble.
- Place the cake on top of the red jelly and pour custard over the top.
- Cut the blue jelly up and cover the custard layer with the blue jelly.
- Pour the thickened cream, sugar and vanilla into a medium bowl and mix until the cream is whipped, making soft peaks.
- Cover the blue jelly with the thickened cream and decorate with strawberries and blueberries. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
Happy Australia Day!
An Aussie Summer day is complete with a hit with the cricket bat, a visit to the beach days, lazy afternoons by a pool and a zooper dooper dripping down your hand. Well alright, that’s according to my kids anyway. If you’re heading our for some family fun, remember order the kid’s school uniforms online at Made For School and beat the crowds this summer. Here are just a few of our summer favourites ready to be shipped to your desk or door.