We’re so close to the end of term 4 here in NSW and class parties kick off for us next week. I always try and find something fun for the kids to take along and share. Some years we take healthy treats like our Christmas Tree Platter, Festive Fruits, Grinch Pops. Other years we’re in full sugar mode, and things like our Rudolph Tarts, Teddy Sleighs or Christmas Tree Meringues are requested. These cupcakes are great for those time-poor days when you have to get something out quickly. The kids helped me with these so ask the kids to join you with their aprons and have some Christmas fun together.
- Cupcakes (we used a packet mix, so use your favourite recipe or mix for the cupcakes) You’ll need 10 normal sized cupcakes and 11 mini cupcakes
- Chocolate icing
- Red & Green M&M’s
- Flake, crumbled
You’ll also need:
- Holly or a star to decorate the top
- Large rectangular platter or tray
- Make your cupcakes and let them cool. I like to make these ahead and pop them in the freezer so I can get them out the day before they are needed because inevitably the party is held on a crazy rush day for me.
- Ice the cupcakes and decorate the larger cupcakes with green M&M’s. Decorate 4 of the mini cupcakes with crumbled Flake and the rest with red M&M’s or whatever colour you would like for the decorations.
- Place them on a large platter in the shape of the tree and enjoy!