My son loves meringues and they are so easy to make that every now and then we will whip up a batch to enjoy as a treat and share with friends. This recipe never fails me and is super easy to make. We get our aprons on and do this together because cooking with the kids is one of my favourite things to do. We also make a quiche for lunch with the leftover egg yolks which make for an easy Sunday for us.
- Equal measurements of egg whites, I measure these first, 3 eggs whites was 125g so I used 125g of each of the following sugars;
- White sugar
- Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 95C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Whip the egg whites until they are stiff. Slowly add in the white sugar one tablespoon at a time until dissolved.
- Add the icing sugar and continuing whipping for a minute.
- Either pipe shapes or using a dessertspoon and put dollops of meringue on the tray.
- Bake for 2 hours, remove from the oven to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for a week.