This easy slab cake was a hit with the family, and why wouldn’t be with Milo? If you’re after a no fuss, tasty crowd pleaser then give this a try. You can also substitute the milo for coffee for when you’re on morning tea duty at work.
- 2 tablespoons Milo mixed with 2 tablespoons of hot water
- 1& 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup custard powder
- 250g butter softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 100ml milk
- 2 cups of icing sugar, sifted
- 60g Butter
- 1 tablespoon milo mixed with 2 tablespoons of hot water.
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease and line a slab tin (32cm x 23cm).
- Beat all the cake ingredients together at once and pour into the pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer placed into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool then beat the icing ingredients together and add cold water to achieve the right consistency.
- Ice the cake and cut into squares to enjoy.
I cut this into squares and placed in the freezer for an hour to firm up the icing before popping it into a container in the freezer for when a special treat is needed.