This Fudge was gooey, chocolatey and definitely one to share! I cut this into small pieces because one piece is enough with a cup of tea in peace and quiet. This winning fudge would be a huge crowd pleaser at a cake stall or for the next time you’re on morning tea duty, but take the recipe with you as this one will be requested again and again.
- 2 x 170g blocks Kit Kat Milk Chocolate
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 300g milk chocolate, I used Cadbury.
- Grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line base and sides with paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edges.
- Cut Kit Kat into fingers. Reserve and set aside 18 fingers. Finely chop remaining fingers
- Place condensed milk, butter and syrup in a large saucepan. Stir over a medium to low heat until butter is melted. Increase heat to medium to high. Cook, stirring constantly, until boiling. Remove from heat. Add milk chocolate. Stir until melted.
- Working quickly, pour half the chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Spread evenly. Arrange reserved Kit Kat fingers over the top. Pour over remaining chocolate mixture. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle finely chopped Kit Kat over top. Refrigerate, covered for about 3 hours, or until firm.
- Use paper to lift fudge from pan. Cut into squares.