A colourful slice aimed at licorice allsort lovers. I’ve made this slice a few times and as delightful as it looks and tastes, some people won’t enjoy the licorice allsorts so be prepared for some rejection. Miss 7 loves it and Master 5 hates it so it’s not for all sorts. The recipe comes from The Country Show Cookbook.
- 250g crushed Marie biscuits
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 550g licorice allsorts, chopped
- 125g margarine
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 300g condensed milk
- 10g copha
- 200g milk chocolate, melted
- Mix crushed biscuits, coconut and licorice allsorts together.
- In a saucepan add margarine, golden syrup and condensed milk.
- Pour onto biscuit mixture and mix to combine.
- Press into a large greased slice tin.
- Melt copha and chocolate together in a saucepan on a low heat and pour over the slice.
- Put it in the fridge for 15 minutes before cutting into small squares.