When the weather is cold outside there’s nothing better than a hot lunch. I made these last weekend and they were devoured by the family. I was hoping to have some leftovers but sadly not that day. With Mother’s Day on the weekend it could be a great recipe for the kids to make and spoil you with along their handmade treasures.
- 125g bacon rashers finely chopped
- olive oil cooking spray
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a 6 hole 1-cup capacity texas muffin pan. Cook the bacon in a frying pan over a medium heat until crisp and remove from the heat.
- Spray a filo pastry sheet with oil, fold in half. Spray again with oil spray and fold in half again. Press the pastry square into one fo the muffin holes folding sides in to form a cup shape. Repeat with the remaining sheets.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a large jug or bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- Divide bacon into the pastry cases. Top with cheese and then even distribute the egg mixture into the cups.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Serve with a nice cuppa for Mother’s Day breakfast or a green salad for lunch.
Have a great weekend and Happy Mother’s Day to you all,