Mars Bar slice has been a firm favourite at our celebrations, in fact last month I posted a container of it to my Sister in Law for her birthday so it is good. This recipe comes from Frost Bite by Susan Austin and can be frozen, another reason why this gets put out at parties as I can make it and freeze it and then just defrost on the kitchen bench while I get on with the other creations. If you’re after a treat for parties or school cake stalls, then grab the kids and the aprons and get mixing this delicious slice.
- 240g Mars Bars/ Milky Way Bars, roughly chopped
- 30g Butter
- 2 cups rice bubbles
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Coloured sprinkles to decorate
- Line a 20cm square tin with baking paper.
- Place Mars bars/milky ways and butter into a small saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Combine the rice bubbles and marshmallows in a large bowl and stir. Add chocolate mixture to the bowl and stir quickly to coat the ingredients with chocolate. Don’t over-mix as the marshmallows will melt slightly due to the heat of the chocolate.
- Spread over the base of the cake tin then scatter coloured sprinkles over the top. Place in the fridge to set.
- Once set, cut the slice into squares.
This slice freezes beautifully so either store in the fridge in a container or the freezer.