These cheesy cauliflower fritters were an instant hit with our family. Master 8 blitz the cauliflower and instantly said he would not eat them due to the disgusting smell. I nearly fell over when I gave him some to try and he said they were lovely! This recipe comes from Create Bake Make and I found it on Pinterest. See if they’re a hit in your family as well.
- 600g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 4 rashers of bacon, small dice
- 1 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese grated
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup water
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Olive oil to fry
- Blitz the cauliflower in the food processor and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the garlic, onion powder, zucchini, bacon, cheeses and flour and stir to combine.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl and add the eggs and a 1/4 cup of water o the cauliflower mixture and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gradually add the extra water and stir until you have a thick batter.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan. Use a 1/4 cup measure to pour the batter into the pan and spread until 1 cm thick.
- Cook until golden and crisp and cover to keep warm while you make the rest of them.