My family loves Mars Bar Slice and it is always taken to my brother’s house when we visit and an argument always ensues because it is so loved! This year we enjoyed a family Easter celebration last weekend so I thought what better gift than to make Mars Bar Slice with an Easter twist. I did it two ways, I made eggs using plastic eggs from Spartys and then I made these nests for a bit of fun. Needless to say, there was an argument over who could eat them but I wouldn’t want it any other way because at least I know they love them. If you’ve got a Mars Bar Slice fan or are after something different this Easter give these a try with the kids.
- 2 Cups Rice Bubbles
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 30g Butter
- 240g Mars Bars, sliced
- Speckled M&M eggs to decorate
- 50g Milk Chocolate, melted
- Lightly spray 12 mini muffin pan, I used a silicone one as it’s easier to get them out.
- Place the butter and mars bars in a small saucepan and melt them until combined over a gentle heat.
- Put the rice bubbles and marshmallows in a large bowl.
- Once the mars bars and butter have melted and combined together, add to the rice bubbles and stir to coat.
- Spoon some mixture into each of the mini muffin pan holes and press down with a spoon. Continue until all the mixture has been used.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle onto the top of each nest and decorate with speckled eggs.
- Place into the fridge to set.
If you would like to make eggs, lightly spray inside of plastic eggs with oil spray then fill each side and click together and refrigerate until needed. They should slip out of the moulds easily.