These zesty muffins were an instant hit in the lunch boxes and I had to quickly snaffle the rest away to the freezer. If you’re after a tasty addition to the lunch box then grab the aprons and head to the kitchen with the kids.
- 1 & 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup lemon Greek yoghurt
- 1 Meyer lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place eight muffin liners in a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, sugar, yoghurt, and lemon juice and zest until fully combined. Add egg and vanilla, and mix thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in two additions, stirring until just combined. Fold in chia seeds.
- Pour batter into muffin liners, filling 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.