We’ve had sick kids for weeks now and so I thought what better lunch is there when you’re sick than soup. This recipe is absolutely delicious, full of flavour and even better when you can throw all the ingredients in and let the slow cooker do all the work for you. I have frozen the leftovers in batches so that I can send it to school in their thermos when the weather turns to freezing over the coming weeks.
- 1500ml Chicken stock
- 600g chicken breast, whole
- 1& 1/2 cups diced carrot
- 1 & 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove. minced
- 2 bay leaves, I used 3 fresh bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, I used 4 small sprigs of fresh thyme and removed the stems
- 1 bundle of Soba Noodles, I used 2 and made it more like noodles than soup.
- Place all the vegetables and garlic into the slow cooker and place chicken breasts on top.
- Pour in stock and herbs. Set to cook for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and add the noodles and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Put the chicken back in the soup, stir and serve.