Master 9 has enjoyed growing zucchinis and tomatoes over summer and we’ve just enjoyed the last of them with this recipe in April. I love that the garden brings him so much joy and I love watching him burst with pride when I serve a dish made from his harvest. Of course, this year we have had to endure a puppy who too enjoys the garden but also likes to relocate our crops. Needless to say, this year’s harvest was even more rewarding having survived a hot summer and a digging, chewing puppy. If you love zucchini or are planning on growing some next summer then save this recipe.
- 1 cup Panko Crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 210C. Coat a cooling rack with oil spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Panko, Parmesan and Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Working in batches, coat zucchini in flour, dip into eggs, then coat in crumb mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.