Miss 11 enjoys lunch boxes as much as I do and often comes home with requests of what friends have in their lunch boxes. Thankfully I’ve got great friends who share their winning recipes with me. This recipe is a winner with Miss 11 and her bestie so I’m sure it will be a hit with your kids too. I made a batch and popped some in the freezer for those days when the cupboard is bare.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 & 1/2 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 60g butter
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine oats, flour, mixed fruit and sugar.
- Place maple syrup and butter in a microwave jug and cook in the microwave on high for 2 minutes stirring once.
- Carefully mix in water and bicarbonate soda and pour into dry ingredients, mix to combine.
- Press into the tin and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool in the pan and slice.