I’m always looking for new ideas to change up our veggies. We’re a fan of fritters and if you are, you’re going to love these little gems as well as some of our others, cauliflower fritters and corn & zucchini fritter, they are also winners. These delicious little rosti’s had a delightful crunch and the bacon was enough to convince Master 9 to give them a go. The leftovers were perfect for my lunchbox the next day so if you’re after a new side give these ones a try.
- 2 medium zucchini’s grated
- 1 medium desiree potato, peeled and grated
- 4 rashers of bacon trimmed and diced
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Olive oil for frying
- Squeeze the juice out of the grated zucchini and add to a medium bowl. Place remaining ingredients, except for oil, into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over a medium heat. Drizzle in some olive oil and place 1/4 cup heaps of the mixture into the pan to cook.
- Flatten with the back of a spatula or fork. Allow to cook for 5 minutes or until golden and flip to cook the other side.
- Repeat with remaining mixture. Serve with some tzatziki and garden salad or enjoy them on their own.