I am loving everything lemon this year, perhaps the aging taste buds or the new ones emerging, either way, lemons are a regular feature on my menu. This zesty slice is super sweet and definitely not one for the lemon haters. It was a hit at our last P&C meeting so I’m sure it would go down equally as well at the school fete, cake stall or morning tea at work. Made in less than 10 minutes it’s bound to be your go to lemon slice recipe for years to come.
- 250 g Milk arrowroot biscuits or any other plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 250g Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 80g butter, melted
- 250 g Milk arrowroot biscuits or any other plain sweet biscuits
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon, finely grated.
- 360 g icing sugar
- 90 g butter, softened
- 5 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tbs desiccated coconut
- Line a lamington tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Add crushed biscuits, lemon zest and coconut to a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients, condensed milk, butter and lemon juice and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the lined tray and press into the edges ensuring the base is covered. Place in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by beating the butter, icing sugar and lemon juice until it is light and fluffy like frosting.
- Spread the icing onto the base and sprinkle with the remaining coconut and return to the fridge to set.
- Slice and store the slice in an airtight container until needed.
Happy No Baking!