Easy, healthy food is my winning combination for making the most of the warmer months. Lately, I have been enjoying food prep on the weekends to set us up for some slower afternoons after school. Term 4 means no after school activities for us so we can come home and enjoy some time outside together. I love packing lunch boxes but must admit I tend to neglect myself. This delicious and easy salad can be thrown together in a matter of minutes and it’s becoming a favourite for me.
- Lettuce, washed and torn
- Shallots, sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Chicken, I used leftover BBBQ chicken
- Slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons Rice wine vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons Sesame oil
- Toss lettuce, shallots, almonds, chicken and sesame seeds in a bowl or container for your lunch.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine, or shake in a jar.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and enjoy.
I have everything prepped in the fridge and store the dressing in a bottle in the fridge so I’ve got a week’s worth of salad ready to go.