The kids and I love peppermint so making this slice didn’t take much convincing. It was incredibly easy and even better that there was no baking involved! I think this could tie in beautifully as Christmas gifts or as a plate to share at a Christmas party, just swap the peppermint crisps for candy canes for some added festive colours. Get out the aprons, food processor and slice tin and have some fun in the kitchen with the kids.
- 250g Marie biscuits
- 1 tin Sweetened condensed milk
- 140g Peppermint crisp bars (4 in total)
- 200g Chocolate, milk or dark
- Line a slice tin or square cake tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor, crush the biscuits and empty into a medium bowl.
- Crush the peppermint crisp bars in the food processor and put 3/4 of them into the bowl, pout the rest aside to decorate the slice.
- Mix the biscuits and peppermint crisp together to combine. Add the sweetened condensed milk to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and push down with a spoon to make it smooth.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on 50% for 2 minutes, stirring often until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over the slice base and sprinkle with remaining crushed peppermint crisps to decorate.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours to set then slice and serve.