I’ve been looking for a few new salad recipes. I love Donna Hay’s recipes but this one had a few ingredients I didn’t have so I substituted and it was delicious. We loved the flavours and the colours are perfect for a hot Aussie Christmas. If you’re after a new salad, give this one a try;
- 2 cups White quinoa
- 750ml Water
- 3 bunches asparagus, trimmed, blanched and chopped
- 100g Fetta cheese
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Place the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 12 minutes or until almost tender.
- Remove from the heat and allow to steam, covered, for 5 minutes or until tender and the water has absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- To make the pomegranate dressing, place the honey, balsamic glaze, oil and water in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the cooled quinoa and half the dressing in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Top with the asparagus, fetta cheese, pomegranate seeds, and almonds.
- Drizzle with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with pepper to serve.