This delicious slice is perfect to pop in the lunchboxes. I made a batch that only lasted a few days in our house because it was so tasty. The recipe comes from Taste.com.au and is a quick and delicious was to get some more veggies into the lunch boxes.
- 250g zucchini zoodles or grated and moisture squeezed out.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250g diced bacon
- 200g sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 240g smooth ricotta
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 165g tasty cheese, grated
- Line a lamington pan with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180c.
- Heat oil in a medium frypan and cook onion until soft, add bacon and cook until lightly brown. Add mushrooms and stir until golden and soft. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place the ricotta in a large bowl. Add eggs one at a time and whisk after each addition until smooth. Whisk in flour, and baking powder until combined.
- Stir in half the cheese and the bacon mixture and mix well.
- Pour into the pan and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until set.