Our veggie patch is exploding with zucchini’s, so I had to find some new recipes fast! This cake is moist and the zucchini undetectable to both Miss 11 and hubby, that made my heart sing! I made this cake in a rectangle tin and cut it up into portions and froze for an easy lunch box treat. If you need a recipe to use up your zucchinis or just want a new treat recipe then give this one a try.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup oil of your choice, I used extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups grated and drained zucchini, you can peel if you wish to hide the green
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 punnet of blueberries, washed
- Preheat oven to 175C and grease a lamington pan.
- Squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar together. Fold in the zucchini.
- Slowly add in the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Gently fold in the blueberries and pour the batter into your prepared lamington pan.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve or cut into portions and freeze.