Lunch boxes can get a little boring for me so I’m always after quick and tasty protein to add to my salad. These rissoles have a delight zesty zing which is delicious served with a garden or greek salad. Whilst these are great in the lunchbox they are always welcome on my dinner table as well. If you’re after a bit of zing midweek or something different in then give these a try.
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated ( I zested a whole lemon for added zing)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- Olive oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Combine mince, egg, garlic, breadcrumbs, lemon & parmesan cheese in a medium bowl and make rissoles.
- Place flour on a plate and coat the rissoles after you have rolled them. Place on a clean plate, cover with glad wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Cook rissoles in batches, for one to two minutes or until browned.
- Place browned rissoles on the baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.