Fritters are a great way to get some extra veggies into the kids. These fritters, just like the humble brussel sprout divided our table in an instant! Hubby and I loved them with the word “addictive” being thrown around, the kids, on the other hand, reached for the salad. If your family loves sprouts or you would like to try a new fritter recipe then give this one a go, just be prepared for the grumbles if they aren’t a favourite.
- 400g Brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 225g halloumi, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the sprouts and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until they are tender.
- Transfer sprouts to a medium bowl and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, halloumi and egg and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup portions of mixture into the pan, allowing room for spreading.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until golden underneath.
- Turn and cook for a further minute until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer onto a plate and repeat until you have used all the mixture.
- Serve with a salad and some greek yoghurt or just enjoy them on their own.