Not being a coffee drinker I didn’t think I would like this slice but was after something different to serve for morning tea with friends. The coffee in this easy no-bake recipe was so delicious with the caramel that I’m on the lookout for similar recipes. If you need a new morning tea recipe, give this one a try.
- 125g butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 250g malt ‘o’ biscuits crushed
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- Grease and line a slice tin with baking paper, making sure the paper extends over the edges.
- Combine butter, condensed milk, golden syrup and coffee in a small saucepan over low heat and cook stirring for 5 minutes, or until melted.
- Increase the heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Combine crushed biscuits and almonds in a large bowl, stir in butter mixture until well combined.
- Press biscuit mixture into the prepared pan, level the surface and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- place chocolate in a small bowl and melt chocolate in the microwave at 50%, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Pour chocolate over the biscuit base and level the surface. Place back in the fridge for an hour or until the chocolate has set. Cut into squares and enjoy.