BBQ season is well underway at our place as I love nothing more than a lazy end to the day. We enjoyed this delicious rice salad at a friend’s house so I had to get the recipe. It’s an easy salad which can be made the day before if you don’t dress it. When you’re next entertaining or asked to bring a salad to share, then give this one a try, you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 cup brown rice
- ½ cup wild rice
- 8 spring onions
- 1 tin corn kernels, drained
- 1 large red capsicum, Cored, seeded and finely diced
- ½ cup currants
- 3 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 8 tablespoons of dressing
- ⅓ cup sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- Cook rice according to instructions on the packet, rinse and drain well. Transfer the rice to a large serving bowl whilst still warm.
- Meanwhile, gently roast sunflower seeds in a frypan until golden and set aside.
- Add finely chopped spring onions and remaining salad ingredients and toss thoroughly.
- To make the dressing add all ingredients to a screw top bottle or jar. Add salt and pepper and shake well to blend. Pour 8 tablespoons of dressing over the salad before serving.
- You can make this salad the day before as long as you don’t add the dressing until serving.
- Omit the wild rice and substitute with 60g of roasted cashew nuts.