We love a layered salad in our house as our 9 layer salad recipe is often requested by family and friends. When I saw this salad on Taste.com I thought I should give it a try. I substituted a couple of things as I couldn’t buy radishes at the time. It was a lovely salad but to be honest the prep took a little longer than I anticipated with all the chopping. It’s a good thing you can make this one the day before as you can finish it off before you serve. If you want an impressive looking salad on your BBQ table this summer then give this one a try, or our delicious 9 layer salad recipe.
- ½ savoy cabbage or wombok finely shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into ribbons using your peeler
- 100g snow peas, washed and thinly sliced lengthways
- 3 sticks of celery washed and finely diced, or 3 radishes thinks sliced
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 100g crunchy noodles, Changs brand
- 3 shallots thinly sliced diagonally
- sesame seeds or you could substitute chia seeds
- 250g Kewpie mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons hot english mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- In a trifle bowl, layer cabbage, carrots and snow peas. Make the dressing by adding to a screw top jar and shake until well combined. Pour dressing over the snow peas.
- Top with celery or radishes and cucumber. If making ahead of time, cover and refrigerate.
- When serving top with shallots, sesame seeds and noodles.