My husband loves violet crumbles so when I came across this recipe I knew I had to give it a go. This delicious dessert was put together in less than 20 minutes and in the fridge the day before our BBQ with friends which makes this recipe a winner. I love summer and lazy BBQ’s with friends and family but I hate being in the kitchen the whole time. Recipes like this one and our Malteaser slice recipe are great desserts to share that can be made ahead of time.
- 1 packet Nice biscuits
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 500g cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup thickened cream
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 2 x 50g violet crumble bars, crushed
- Prepare a 20cm non-stick springform cake tin, greasing and lining the bottom of the tin.
- To make the base, place biscuits and butter into a food processor and blitz until a fine crumb forms. Pour crumbs into cake tin and press down firmly to form an even layer. Set aside.
- To make the filling, place cream cheese into a bowl and beat with an electric beater until smooth. Add sugar and cream, combine with a whisk.
- Add half the chopped Violet Crumble pieces to filling. Stir to combine. Put the remaining violet crumble in a container to top the cheesecake just before serving.
- Place filling into the cake tin, smoothing out over biscuit base to form an even layer.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Top with remaining Violet Crumble pieces and serve.