My Dad loves golden roughs and coconut ice so when I found this recipe I just had to give it a try. My coconut loving daughter devoured it and the texture is great for baking for cake stalls. If you’re after an easy, delicious new recipe for your coconut loving family and friends then give this one a try.
- 150g butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 100g butter, melted
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups coconut
- 2/3 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180˚C or 160˚C fan-forced. Grease and line a slice pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale. Mix in the dry ingredients and press into pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the base is still warm, mix all the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl and spread over base.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes. Cut while still warm.