These delicious little bites are great for when you’re craving a hot cinnamon donut. We made a batch of mini muffins and 8 regular muffins with this mix which meant we had more than enough for the family for a week. These did really well in the freezer as well so if you’re like me and into stocking up the freezer for easier days then give these a try.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1& 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coarse sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line your muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in milk and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for coating, combine coarse sugar and cinnamon. Dip tops of warm muffins in melted butter, then coat in cinnamon-sugar.