We missed out on Caramilk in the last frenzy so when we saw it reappear we had to snaffle a few blocks to taste and bake with. We loved these blondies which were tasty with a cuppa in the afternoon.
- 2 Blocks Caramilk, all chopped
- 125g butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 & 1/4 cups plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a 20cm square baking tin.
- Put 225g of Caramilk and butter in a microwave proof bowl and melt in 30 sec increments. Stir occasionally until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, using an electric beater beat the eggs until foamy. Gradually add the sugar and vanilla. Drizzle in the melted Caramilk and butter.
- Combine the flour, salt and fold into the mixture until combined.
- Fold in the remaining Caramilk chips.
- Spread into the pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack before cutting and enjoying.