This easy to make and fast to disappear is a winner. You can make a batch to share at the next Christmas function or bundle it up and give them away as gifts. This is an easy recipe which the kids can help out with.
- 1 Packet of Saladas, you will use about ¾ of a packet.
- 180g salted butter, cubed
- 1 cup light brown sugar (tightly packed)
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- Sprinkles to decorate or you can use nuts or slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Line a large baking tray, I use the griller tray, with alfoil. Spray the foil with cooking spray and then line the pan with the saladas.
- Place the butter and sugar into a medium sized saucepan over a low to medium heat. Stir until the butter has melted.
- Bring to the boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture is nice and bubbly and has changed to a more caramel colour, remove pan from the stove and pour evenly over the saladas.
- Spread the mixture with a knife but it doesn’t have to be perfect. Move quickly before the toffee hardens.
- Place tray in the oven and bake for 7-9 minutes. The mixture will spread evenly over the saladas as it bakes.
- Remove from the oven. Place choc chips on top and allow to melt. Gently spread the chocolate with a knife.
- Sprinkle your decorations on top and place into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has set. Break pieces off the foil and place into an airtight container. If it isn’t eaten quickly, it should last for 1-2 weeks.