Clafoutis is a delicious French dessert usually made with cherries. We have made this recipe a few times because it is so delicious and loved by all who taste it. I have made this with frozen berries, fresh berries and even mango in summer but of course you can also use cherries for a more traditional French dessert.
- 2 cup of frozen berries
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Scatter the frozen berries, or whatever fruit you like into a buttered pie dish.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar with a whisk. Slowly add in melted butter. Add the flour and whisk to combine.
- WhIsk in the vanilla and milk. The batter should be similar to a pancake batter, smooth and shiny. Pour the batter over the berries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until slightly browned and almost completely set in the middle.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or cold and enjoy with a sprinkle of icing sugar or whipped cream.