Here is a fast and easy dinner idea or warm dip to share at a winter BBQ. This dip was a hit a recent trivia night we went to and I suspect had something to do with us being in a tie-breaker. Well, probably not really but I like the idea. If you’re after a quick dinner with a BBQ chook then give this a go after training or at the end of a long school week.
- BBQ Chicken, skin removed and meat shredded
- 1 jar tomato salsa
- 400g can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 & 1/2 cups of shredded tasty cheese
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup coriander
- Corn chips to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Remove the meat and skin from the chicken. Discard the bones and skin. Chop chicken and place the chopped chicken in a lightly greased shallow ovenproof dish. Stir in the tomato salsa.
- Drain and rinse the black beans. Sprinkle the beans over the chicken mixture. Top with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the mixture is bubbling.
- Combine the avocado and lemon juice in a bowl and stir to combine. Add sour cream and onion and stir.
- Spread avocado mixture over the top of the cheese and sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve with a bowl of corn chips and dip and enjoy.
This dish could also be served onto tortillas for a mexican feast.