This slice is far too easy! It’s easy to make and easy to eat so be warned and share with a friend, make for a crowd or whack it in the freezer to enjoy over a few weeks with the family.
This recipe came from Just a Mum, who has some fabulous recipes and this one is no exception. Give it a try before the Caramilk disappears again.
- 250g packet of Arrowroot biscuits
- 3/4 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 2 blocks Caramilk, 155g for the base and the rest for the topping
- 100g Butter Cubed
- 395g can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- Prepare a 25cm square slice dish or baking tin with greaseproof paper (I always give my tin a quick spray with cooking oil then line with paper so it sticks nicely) and set aside.
- Using a food processor roughly crush the biscuits (or pop them in a ziplock bag and bash them a bit with a rolling pin) to a fine crumb. Chop the walnuts in the food processor until coarsely chopped.
- In a large saucepan slowly melt together the chocolate, butter and condensed milk, stirring often to ensure it does not catch until butter completely melted and ingredients blended together.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then add to this the crushed biscuits, coconut, walnuts and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and using the back of a large spoon spread it around and flatten mixture until it is completely smooth and packed tight. Put the biscuit base in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes while you prepare the topping.
- Place the chocolate in a medium sized microwave proof bowl
Heat for 30 second bursts, stirring in between until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Add the oil to the chocolate and combine well then pour over the cooled biscuit base. (The Oil is to prevent the topping from cracking!)
Place back in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes to set completely, ideally 4 hours.
- Bring to room temperature and then cut into small pieces and enjoy!